- We are running all our online courses throughout 2023 – see details at CDOCTraining.org.uk
- 87th Septermber: we are contribution to the Intensive Care Society study day on Neuroprognostication
- 21st March 2023: Asian Institute for Bioethics and Health Law at Yonsei University, Ethics of End-of-life care: From Discourse, Policy to Practice, 20th – 22nd March 2023, South Korea. We’ll be delivering the keynote on 21st March: “From empirical research findings – to legal change – a case study from the UK”
- 24th March 2023 – contributing 3 sessions to “PDoC and the application of the Mental Capacity Act NHS training event” in Somerset
- 3rd-4th May: Jenny Kitzinger will be talking on: “Innovation, online learning and end-of-life care for people in Prolonged Disorders of Consciousness” at the Centre for Death and Society Conference, “Innovation at the end of life”, 3rd-4th May
Rearranged events due to Covid (details to follow once they’ve been reorganised) include: – European Conference of Health Workforce Education & Research, Geraldine Latchem-Hastings and Julie Latchem-Hastings will be talking about “Taking a virtual ‘Team Based Learning’ approach to interprofessional PDoC education”; Workshop about advance care planning at Guy’s and St Thomas’, London. Jenny Kitzinger will be talking about advocacy at: ‘Let’s talk: the importance of communication in the Court of Protection’. How can advocates support families to ensure patient’s values, wishes, beliefs and feelings are addressed in best interests decisions about them?.
- Our online courses are open. For costings and dates for online training in 2023 see. CDoC Training
- Podcast discussion with Jenny Kitzinger about the role of speech and language therapists in PDoC care.
- Prof Celia Kitzinger interviewed by the RSM - see the interview here
- Prof Jenny Kitzinger's CPD lecture on palliative care for PDoC patients here
- Read our blog about videoing patients
Our new paper on 'Supporting families'-exploring our role as academics, advocates and activists in published in Bioethics. Read More
Media comment on the latest 'miracle recovery' story, Jenny Kitzinger is interviewed about the implications (and some misinterpretations) about 'waking up' from a disorder of consciousness. View/Listen here
Supreme Court judgement “will benefit thousands of patients and families” Read More
A new online CDoC resource for Healthcare Professionals has been developed View here
Online resource for families looking for information and support here. This resource includes information on everything from diagnosis to treatment decisions. It includes over 200 film clips of families talking about their experiences Read More
'Coma Songs' radio programme
Listen to our Coma Songs Radio 3 programme here.