Jakki Cowley, from Empowerment Matters, is seconded to work with CDoC exploring the role of advocacy to support best interests decision-making for patients in prolonged disorders of consciousness. This is supported by ESRC IAA funding.
- A new blog - reporting from a court case deciding about CANH
- Our co-founder Prof Celia Kitzinger interviewed by the RSM on 23rd June - see the interview here
- Listen to Jenny Kitzinger's April CPD lecture on palliative care for PDoC patients here
- Register interest in our courses here
- Read our blog about videoing patients
Our new paper on 'Supporting families'-exploring our role as academics, advocates and activists in published in Bioethics. Read More
Media comment on the latest 'miracle recovery' story, Jenny Kitzinger is interviewed about the implications (and some misinterpretations) about 'waking up' from a disorder of consciousness. View/Listen here
Supreme Court judgement “will benefit thousands of patients and families” Read More
A new online CDoC resource for Healthcare Professionals has been developed View here
Online resource for families looking for information and support here. This resource includes information on everything from diagnosis to treatment decisions. It includes over 200 film clips of families talking about their experiences Read More
'Coma Songs' radio programme
Listen to our Coma Songs Radio 3 programme here.